Simple Seafood Chowder Recipe
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 100g streaky bacon, chopped
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 600ml fish stock, made from 1 fish stock cube
- 225g new potatoes, halved
- pinch mace
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 300ml milk
- 320g pack fish pie mix (salmon, haddock and smoked haddock)
- 4 tbsp single cream
- 250g pack cooked mixed shellfish
- small bunch parsley, chopped
- crusty bread, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat, then add the onion and bacon. Cook for 8-10 mins until the onion is soft and the bacon is cooked. Stir in the flour, then cook for a further 2 mins.
- Pour in the fish stock and bring it up to a gentle simmer. Add the potatoes, cover, then simmer for 10-12 mins until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Add the mace, cayenne pepper and some seasoning, then stir in the milk.
- Tip the fish pie mix into the pan, gently simmer for 4 mins. Add the cream and shellfish, then simmer for 1 min more. Check the seasoning. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve with some crusty bread.
- Hi Ladies! Tryfreebies is now run...
- Our Free Nike Shoes Giveaway to s...
- Win a Clearlight Sanctuary-2 Full...
- Another giveaway from Leite’...
- Get a Free Arbone Samples when yo...
- Experience the brilliance of Mije...
- Leite’s Culinaria is giving...
- Win a Vitamix Explorian Blender f...